Aggie golf seeks third straight individual medalist

The Texas A&M women’s golf team returns to action in Kane’ohe, Hawaii this week for a two day event at the Dr. Donnis Thompson Invitational hosted by the University of Hawaii.
A&M will have an opportunity to place an individual in the winner’s circle for its third consecutive week after Bianca Fabrizio and Marijosse Navarro won in sudden death fashion in the Seminole Matchup and UC-Irvine Invitational, respectively, in the past two events.
As a team, the Aggies have not finished outside the top five in all of the events in their 2014-15 campaign.
No.15 Texas A&M represents only one of two top-25 ranked teams participating in this week’s field. They are joined by No. 13 Oklahoma State and thirteen other institutions, including host school University of Hawaii.
The 6,099-yard, par 72 Kane’ohe Klipper Golf Course serves as the hosting links course for the event. This military based track, which was designed by William P. Bell, sits nestled in Kane’ohe Bay, Hawaii.
Teams play 36 holes Tuesday, beginning at 12 p.m. central standard time, and conclude with 18 holes on Wednesday.