No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

Aggie hoops snag highest AP rank in school history

Mens+Bball
Photo by Photo by: Morgan Engel
Men’s Bball

The Aggies landed the No. 5 spot in the AP poll Monday, their highest ranking in school history.

Texas A&M’s previous highest ranking was sixth in 2006-07 when the likes of Acie Law IV and Donald Sloan were carrying the Aggies and Billy Gillispie was patrolling the sidelines. That year, the Aggies landed in the Sweet Sixteen, losing to Memphis.

Led by a collection of seniors and freshmen, the Aggies have smothered their opponents with a combination of tough defense and efficient offense. A&M has four players who shoot over 40 percent from three, with senior Anthony Collins shooting over 50 percent from the behind the arc.

The guard combination of Collins and Alex Caruso have been the engines of the Aggie offense, giving leading scorers Jalen Jones and Danuel House, averaging 17.5 and 15.3 points per game respectively, opportunities to score where they’re most effective. Collins leads the team with 5.1 assists per game. Caruso trails him at 4.7 and averages 2.2 steals per game.

Texas A&M will take its new ranking on the road this Wednesday against Arkansas.