Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Aggie men’s swim & dive hits road for double-dual meet

Photo by Photo by CJ Smith

Sophomore IM/back Baylor Nelson wins first in the Men 100 Fly during Texas A&M’s swim meet against UIW on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023 at Rec Center Natatorium. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)

After a season-opening victory against Incarnate Word, the Texas A&M men’s swimming and diving team heads to South Carolina for a double-dual meet on Friday, Oct. 7, against the South Carolina Gamecocks and the Virginia Tech Hokies.
Last week’s home meet served as a debut for this season’s freshman class comprised of Roberto Bonilla Flores, Josh Brooks, Logan Brown, Ben Scholl and Brendan Studdert.
Swimming sophomore Baylor Nelson continued to be one to watch, securing first place in his debut 1,000-meter free swim. Diving senior Victor Povzner also made a mark, beating out his previous 3-meter record with 453.68 points.
The diving team’s impressive opening continued with junior Allen Bottego beating out his personal best on the 1-meter, scoring a 410.93. Bottego’s performance earned him an SEC Male Diver of the Week title.
The five members of the men’s diving team set qualifying scores for NCAA Zones on both the 1m and 3-meter.
Looking to secure another victory, the Aggies will compete on Saturday beginning at 9 a.m. at the Carolina Natatorium in Columbia, South Carolina. Live results can be found on the Meet Mobile app.
Aggie fans can keep up with the team through Facebook, Instagram, and X by following @AggieSwimDive.
Lily Salazar-Balli is a telecommunication media studies senior and contributed this from the course JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.