Aggie men’s tennis looks to capture seventh straight, women’s match cancelled

Cody Franklin

Freshman AJ Catanzariti earned a win in Sunday’s doubleheader.

The Texas A&M men’s tennis team will travel to Houston Wednesday to put its six-match winning streak on the line against the Rice Owls.

The No. 48 Owls (11-11, 0-2 C-USA) will be defending a winning streak of their own, as they have captured victories in their last four matches. Over the span of its streak, Rice has only given up a mere two points to its opponents.

The No. 8 Aggies (14-3, 8-1 SEC) are coming off a hot performance last weekend where they defeated all three of their visiting opponents, sweeping two of them. A&M relied on the play of freshmen, as Jordi Arconada, AJ Catanzariti and Arthur Rinderknech all captured a pair of wins in Sunday’s doubleheader.
Unfortunately, the women’s match scheduled for Wednesday in College Station has been cancelled due to the prediction of inclement weather. A&M head coach Howard Joffe confirmed that the match will not be rescheduled. The No. 11 women’s team will return to action Friday when they travel to Missouri.

• Freshman AJ Catanzariti earned a win in Sunday’s doubleheader.

• Freshman Jordi Arconada prepares for upcoming match against Rice.

• The women’s match Wednesday has been cancelled and they will place their next one on Friday.