Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Aggie Ryan Palmer wraps up Masters in 33rd place

Ryan+Palmer
File
Ryan Palmer

A&M graduate Ryan Palmer finished his fifth Masters Sunday, posting a score of even for the tournament, putting him in a tie for 33rd. 
The Aggie shot 1-under par during Sunday’s round. He shot a 37 on the front nine and began making a run on the back nine after making an eagle on the 13th and then back-to-back birdies on 15 and 16. He ended up nullifying the birdies, and his round slowed down as he finished with two fives on the par-four 17th and 18th holes.
Jordan Spieth kept his foot on the gas and shot 19 under par to win his first major. The 21-year-old from Dallas now shares the Masters record for lowest score with Tiger Woods, and he was also the first person to ever reach 19 under par at the Masters. 
Tiger Woods finished tied for 17th, his best finish since 2013. The top five was rounded out by Justin Rose and Phil Mickelson, who tied for second, Rory McIlroy and Hideki Matsuyama.