Aggie softball clinches series win against Kansas

The Texas A&M softball team clinched their last Big 12 series win with a 4-3 victory over the Kansas Jayhawks on very sunny and warm Saturday.
The Aggies got a solid starting performance by freshmen pitcher Lauren Ainsley. She went six innings, but the Jayhawks were a constant threat.
The Aggies took the lead in the second after sophomore Nicole Morgan scored on a fielders choice by Courtney Walker. However, the Jayhawks struck back with a three run homer in the third by senior Liz Kocon.
Kansas starting pitcher, freshmen Alicia Pille, pitched three and two-thirds innings before giving up a two-run homer in the fourth by junior Meagan May, pulling the Aggies even again with the Jayhawks.
The Aggies got a go ahead home-run out of junior Mel Dumerzich in the fifth inning. Dumerzich also pitched the top of the seventh, recording a save in the process.
The victory was the Aggies 15th Big 12 victory of the season. They had eleven hits and committed no errors. The Jayhawks had nine hits and no errors.
The Aggies will go for the sweep on Sunday at 11 a.m. on senior day.