Aggie softball drops Game 3 of series to Kentucky

Tennessee+preview
Photo by Abbey Santoro
Tennessee preview

Texas A&M softball wrapped up Senior Day at Davis Diamond with a 5-1 loss to No. 17 Kentucky.
Adding to the Aggies’ two-game losing streak, this series loss placed them 31-17 overall and 10-11 in conference play.
Kentucky started the game off in the top of the second with a triple to right centerfield by Autumn Humnes and an RBI single to the middle from Grace Baalman.
Still holding A&M scoreless, the Wildcats hit two singles granting them the opportunity to steal and score in the top of the third, furthering their lead to 3-0.
The Aggies’ offense showed up in the bottom of the third, starting with senior Kelbi Fortenberry got on base after hitting an infield ground ball. Junior Haley Lee followed Fortenberry after singling to right field and later advancing into scoring position after a Kentucky throwing error. Fortenberry was thrown out after junior Makinzy Herzog managed to get to first after a fielder’s choice hit.
Granting A&M their only run of the inning, and game, junior Morgan Smith hit a single to right field bringing a runner home.
In the final two innings, Kentucky scored twice after three wild pitches by A&M and a homerun to left field by Miranda Stoddard.
Fortenberry, Lee and Smith served as the only three hits of the game.
Freshman Grace Uribe led in pitching, serving 3.2 innings at the mound. Uribe let three runs and seven hits sneak by, bringing her record down to 7-4.
Next out, the Aggies will travel to Gainesville, Fla., to face the No. 3 Florida Gators in their final SEC series of the season. First pitch is set for 5 p.m. on Friday, May 7, at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.