Aggie softball to host Bulldogs for three game series

The No. 15 Texas A&M Aggies will host No. 13 Georgia Bulldogs for a three-game series beginning at 7 p.m. Friday at the Aggie Softball Complex.
Looking to build on Tuesday’s win against Northwestern, the Aggies are led by senior catcher Nicole Morgan who went one-for-two with a walk and two runs batted in against the Lady Demons.
The Bulldogs are fronted by sophomore third baseman Alex Hugo, who was named SEC Player of the Week for her performance against Mississippi State. She leads the Bulldogs with 12 homeruns and 31 RBI.
Senior third baseman Amber Garza said a strong Aggie start would be vital to clench a victory.
“It’s always great to come out and get that first win, and it’s going to be really important against Georgia because they’re coming off a great weekend,” Garza said. “So we have to go out there and dominate and really try to get that first win. It’s going to be important to show them that they’re not better than us. We’re both great teams.”
When facing a competitive opponent like Georgia, sophomore infielder Breanna Dozier said it was important for her to stay loose.
“I just never want to get too serious in a game and usually I play better if I am more relaxed and goofing around,” Dozier said. “But when it’s time to become serious, that’s when it’s time to bring that focus that I need to play my best.”
The Aggies continue their series 4 p.m. Saturday and conclude at noon on Sunday.