Aggies Advance to NCAA Championships

The Texas A&M women’s golf team punched their ticket to Bradenton, Florida for the NCAA Championships this weekend after securing a top six finish at the NCAA Regional in San Antonio, Texas.
No. 9 A&M fired rounds of -7, -5 and +2 (281, 283, 290) at the par 72 Briggs Ranch Golf Course to finish in fourth place at -10 (854) for the tournament. This score was 12 shots shy of eventual tournament champion No. 19 Baylor, who shot -22 (842), but safely inside the top six finishing cushion which will allow the entire team to advance to the NCAA Championships.
Former Big 12 Conference foes Texas and Oklahoma failed to clinch a top six finish, bringing their 2015 postseason run to a conclusion.
Nationally ranked No. 11 Marijosse Navarro and No. 12 Maddie Szeryk led the Aggie charge on the individual leaderboard, both posting cumulative scores of -1 (215) to finish in a six way tie for 17th place.
Baylor’s Hayley Davis carded rounds of -5, -4 and -7 (67, 68, 65) to post -16 (200) for the tournament and claim medalist honors by five strokes over UCLA’s Bronte Law.
A&M is one of 24 teams to press forward to the NCAA Championships out of the original 72 teams selected to NCAA Regionals.
The NCAA Championships span May 22-27 and will be contested at the Concession Golf Club in Bradenton, Florida. The Golf Channel will carry a live broadcast of the final three days of the event.