Aggies and Bears renew rivalry

It was only a matter of time before Texas A&M would matchup on the hardwood with one of its former in-state rivals from the Big 12. Jon Rothstein with CBS Sports reported Tuesday that a home-and-home game between the Aggies and the Baylor Bears would unofficially take place in the 2014-15 and 2015-16 basketball seasons.
The first game is set to take place on Dec. 9 2014 in Waco, with the return trip the following season in College Station.
Adam Quisenberry, assistant media relations director at Texas A&M told local media that the athletic department cannot comment on the reports due to the fact that no official contract has yet to be signed.
“We can’t confirm any potential game contracts that haven’t been completed or officially announced, but [Texas A&M] is still looking to add marquee games to the non-conference schedule,” Quisenberry said in statement to The Eagle.
Baylor made it to the Sweet Sixteen last season, despite having a mediocre 9-9-conference record. Scott Drew’s squad could look quite different compared to last year’s with the loss of senior forward Cory Jefferson and seven-footer Isaiah Austin, who left to enter the NBA Draft.
Texas A&M and Baylor have played 205 times in their long standing rivalry, with the Aggies holding the all-time series record 127-78. The previous time these two teams met, the Bears took the 63-60 win over the Aggies in College Station during the 2011-12 campaign.