Aggies begin their Thanksgiving journey through Mississippi, sweep Bulldogs in three sets

Texas A&M volleyball (19-8, 11-5 SEC) took on the Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-14, 2-14 SEC) Wednesday, November 26th. The Aggies took the match in three sets 14-25, 18-25, 10-25.
A&M dominated in block totals, ending the match with nine blocks compared to Mississippi’s zero.
The first set was taken by A&M. Sophomore outside hitter and junior middle blocker Shelby Sullivan aided A&M in a series of four point runs stumping Mississippi at points four and five. Fr
At the beginning of the second set the Aggies fell behind allowing Mississippi to take a small 3 point lead, but with multiple errors by the Bulldogs A&M came back to tie the game and take the lead. The teams were tied at five different points before the Aggies established a secure lead, eventually take the set 18-25.
Mississippi took the first point in the third set, but junior outside hitter Angela Lowak soon responded with a kill tying the score early. This spurred the Aggies onto a four-point run.The Bulldogs were not able to get closer than two points within A&M’s lead for the remainder of the game, giving the Aggies the final game and match at 10-25.
The victorious Aggie team will prepare to take on the other SEC Mississippi team, Ole Miss (21-9, 7-9 SEC) on Friday at 4 pm in Oxford, Mississippi.