Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Aggies complete the Bryan Clay Invitational

Texas A&M sent a group of distance runners out west to compete this week in the Bryan Clay Invitational ahead of the Michael Johnson Invitational at Baylor this weekend.
The event was hosted by Azusa Pacific University, it took place Wednesday-Friday (April 17-19) at Cougar Stadium in Azusa, California.
The first day began for the Aggies at 10:30 p.m. (CT), with Brandt Preston being the first to run in the invitational. Preston, a junior from Ingleside, Texas, placed 17th in the 10,000m run behind a time of 30:56.14. Seniors Jacob Perry and Kelsie Warren also ran in the 10,000m but each did not finish.
Day two of the invitational was a big one for A&M as three runners were able to produce career best times.
Zephyr Seagraves kicked of the second day competing the 3,000m steeplechase. The sophomore from College Station, Texas finished placing sixth in the sixth heat of the event to finish 15th overall.
Junior Ashton Hutcherson had a huge day as she was able to improve her career best in the 3,000m steeplechase from 10:31.78 to 10:29.91 to finish in third-place for the event. With this time, Hutcherson became the No. 2 performer and had the No. 2 performance all-time for A&M as she now owns seven of the top 10 performances in school history. Rachel Bernardo also competed in the 3,000m steeplechase, the sophomore ran a 10:50.75 to finish 11th overall in the e event.
Jon Bishop was another Aggie to produce a career best, as he improved his 5,000m time from 14:38.31 to 14:23.92 to finish as runner-up in the race.
The last Aggie to compete in the second day of the invitational was Ashley Driscoll. The junior also had a career best night running a 16:43.34 in the 5,000m to place 18th overall. The performance moved her to No. 10 on the Aggie all-time list as she surpassed her old best of 16:48.40.
The final day of the invitational began at 10 p.m. (CT) as five Aggie women and men competed in the 1,500m.
Running in the first leg of the day was senior Taylor Clayton, who finished in 93rd place behind a time of 3:49.97. Bishop, running in the same leg of the 1,500m, ran a 3:55.49 to finish 139th overall.
Hannah Campbell ran a career best 4:26.11 in her section of the 1,500m to finish in 58th place. The senior from Austin, Texas remains at No. 8 on the Aggie all-time lest after improving upon her 4:27.31 time from 2018.
Bernardo also produced a career best time in the 1,500m behind a 4:32.25 to finish in 105th place. She sits at No. 17 on the Aggie all-time list after improving her previous time of 4:32.55.
Seagraves finished his leg of the 1,500m in 48th place behind a 3:54.56 performance.
A&M Track and Field will continue action this Friday and Saturday (April 19-20) as they travel to Waco to compete in the Michael Johnson Invitational at Clyde Hart Track and Field Stadium.