Aggies defeat Missouri in season finale

It was the perfect ending to a great season for the Aggies as they rallied to beat the Missouri Tigers 2-1 courtesy a golden goal from senior midfielder Chelsea Jones. This win puts the Aggies as the second seed for the SEC tournament next week in Orange Beach, Alabama.
It was a game of two halves, with Missouri dominating the first half and the Aggies coming back with a solid performance in the second half. Forward Annie Kunz and midfielder Chelsea Jones were on the score sheet for the Aggies while Kaysie Clark scored for the Tigers.
At the end of the game, coach Guerrieri called Missouris team the best Missouri team he has seen and he was not wrong. The Tigers were very physical in their play and dominated the game for most periods of the first half, having seven shots with two of them on target. In comparison Aggies only had three shots and none of them were on goal. Aggies goalie Jordan Day was the star of the first half pulling off some fine saves.
The second half was a totally different ball game. The Aggies moved the ball faster than in the first half and the result was there to be seen. The first goal came against the run of play when forward Annie Kunz latched on to a ball from the right wing courtesy Beth West and finished it with aplomb in a typical strikers finish. She also had a chance to put the team further ahead but blazed the chance over the bar. But the Tigers werent done. They equalized the score with eight minutes to go courtesy a goal from midfielder Kaysie Clark. The ball was crossed in by forward Haley Krentz, rebounded of a defender and fell straight to Kaysie who then buried the chance. The game then went into overtime.
It was a goal worthy of a victory. Midfielder Chelsea Jones finished an eight pass move superbly from the edge of the box to get the golden goal. It was a superb goal where the Aggies stretched the compact Missouri defence with some sleek passing. Forward Shea Groom then cut the ball in to the box from the right wing to Chelsea Jones who slotted the ball into the goal coolly. It was a goal coach Guerrieri called as one of the best you will see all season. The team looked tired, we did not want to take it to the second overtime and I was happy to get the job done. It was fun! said the goal scorer Chelsea Jones.
With this win, the Aggies can take a lot of confidence into the SEC tournament starting on Oct. 31. It is said that champion teams usually find a way to win some way or the other. The Aggies today showed why they are a champion team.