Aggies fall on road to Ole Miss, 82-73

Ole Miss had a sense of what Texas A&M senior guard Elston Turner could do after his 37-point performance during the Aggies two point February 13 victory over the Rebels. Hosting A&M in Oxford, Miss. for a rematch, they would not let it happen again.
Texas A&M visited Ole Miss on Wednesday night, suffering an 82-73 loss, one in which the Rebels dominated the Aggies throughout the night.
Texas A&M head coach Billy Kennedy said Ole Miss contained Turner, which allowed them to win the game.
They were much more aware of him, Billy said. Elston played well, 10 of 17 shooting with 25 points. He didn’t have 37. We would’ve needed him to have a special game.
The Aggie defense, which held the Rebels to 45 percent shooting the last time around, gave up a 51 percent shooting performance and 82 points the most in a game that ended in regulation since they defeated Kentucky on the road during early conference play. A&M gave up more than 82 points only one other time this year in early November.
Billy said he gives all the credit to the Ole Miss offense.
I have to give Ole Miss credit, Billy said. They’re a good team, and I’m looking for them to make a good run this season.”
Although the Rebels won the game, Texas A&M had a decent shooting night. After Turner, sophomore Kourtney Roberson recorded a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds while junior Fabyon Harris also recorded double digit scoring seven shots for a total of 17 points.
Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy said they let A&M shoot well, but the offense saved the day.
We didn’t defend as well as we need to, Andy said. We gave up 54 percent on our home floor. Our pressure bothered them a little bit. He (Elston Turner) made a couple of hard shots, made a couple of difficult ones at the end. Bottom line is we produced enough offense.