Aggies get it done against Gators

Sunday afternoon, the Aggie women moved their winning streak to four games, defeating the Florida Gators (12-15, 4-10 SEC) 66-46.
A&M is now 10-0 when allowing fewer than 49 points. Courtney Williams led A&M with 11 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
Courtney Walker, Achiri Ade and Khaalia Hillsman all contributed in the win as well. Walker tallied nine points while grabbing four rebounds, Ade garnered 10 points and five rebounds and Hillsman finished with nine points and six rebounds.
Hillsman attributes her recent success to her practice mindset.
“It’s just been practice,” Hillsman said. “Our coaches have really stressed working hard in practice before you can convert it onto the court. I’ve been coming to practice with the mindset to get better everyday.”
It is the Aggies 17th straight win at home. A&M is now 123-3 against unranked teams at home since Feb. 2005. They have won the last 27 of those games.
The game started fast for A&M (22-6, 10-4 SEC), and they never trailed in the game. A&M started on a 10-2 run and from there, the Aggies never looked in the rear view mirror.
“We really came out fired up and ready to start the ballgame,” A&M head coach Gary Blair said. “We got in foul trouble with the two Courtney’s, but I trust my bench.”
Florida (12-15, 4-10 SEC) cut the 10-point Aggie lead to three late in the first half. However, the Gators went scoreless for over four minutes, and a 7-0 Aggie run pushed the lead back to 10, making it a 31-21 lead for A&M at the half.
Good shooting helped the Aggies earn the win, finishing 47 percent from the floor. Spreading the wealth helped too, as A&M ended with 16 total assists. The Aggies built their largest lead of the game at 21 in the second half with a 15-2 run over a six-minute span.
Chelsea Jennings contributed off the bench with eight rebounds and five points.
“I bring pretty good defense.” Jennings said. “I just try to do the little things that maybe the starters are not contributing to at the moment.”
A&M will return to Reed Arena for its home finale against Missouri on Thursday night.