Aggies host Gators in BTHO breast cancer game

The No. 15 Texas A&M women’s basketball team returns home at 3 p.m. Sunday to face yet another in-conference foe, the Florida Gators.
The Aggies (21-6, 9-4 SEC) come in to Sunday’s game fresh off of their best conference road win of the season, winning 81-69 over No. 11 Kentucky. The win Thursday put A&M at a tie for third place in the SEC with LSU and Mississippi State. Moving forward, they will have the luxury of deciding their own destiny concerning SEC tournament seeding.
Sunday will be the annual BTHO Breast Cancer game for the Aggies at Reed Arena. A&M’s jerseys will be pink and white and the women will wear pink shoes and socks. The Florida team will be wearing pink accented jerseys and shoes as well.
An assistant coach for Texas A&M, Bob Starkey, and his wife Sherie will be donating $1 per student in attendance Sunday to the Pink Alliance. They will be doing so in honor of Mrs. Starkey, who is a breast cancer survivor, and hope to reach the goal of 1,000 students in attendance.
Florida (12-14, 4-9 SEC) will enter College Station Sunday still bitter from their tough, overtime loss to Vanderbilt. The Gators were led by sophomore Ronni Williams, who lit up the stat sheet with 17 points, eight rebounds, four assists and three blocks. Williams averages 10 points and five rebounds per game this season.
Courtney Walker continued to lead the Aggies as they traveled to Lexington, Kentucky, scoring in double figures for the 23rd time this season. Since February 5th, Walker has averaged over 20 points a game. The Aggies will look for her continued success with the post-season just around the corner.
Following Sunday’s matchup the Aggies will have just one home game left to play before they head to Baton Rouge to face the LSU Tigers for their final game of the regular season.
The game will be broadcasted on SEC Network.