No one involved with Texas A&M baseball ever believed they were going to lose.  Despite being down 6-1 to Tennessee by the end of the...

Aggies host Ole Miss tonight

Photo by Photo By Cristian Aguirre

Senior Guard Lulu McKinney recorded one rebound, one assist, and one steal against LSU.

Driving off their 78-57 victory over Auburn, the No. 14 Texas A&M women’s basketball team will take on the Ole Miss Rebels on Thursday at Reed Arena to continue their SEC play. 
Head coach, Gary Blair deemed the matchup a revenge game. Saying that the team is going in with the same mindset of an SEC championship game after losing to Ole Miss last year, 62-49.
“The biggest thing about this game, this is a revenge game. We lost 62-49 to them last year in our last game of the regular season. Our kids remember that. We got thoroughly out played, out hustled, out coached.” Blair said. “We’re going into this game just like we are playing for the SEC Championship, just like we did against Auburn. Play one game at [a] time.” 
The Aggies are (18-6, 7-3 SEC) on the year, while Ole Miss is coming in at (11-12, 1-9 SEC). A&M leads the series 6-2 and is 3-0 when playing the Rebels in College Station. However, The Aggies will have to start off strong in order to secure the win against Ole Miss who is 10-2 overall when leading at halftime. 
Blair said that despite the Rebels’ rank and record for the season, every team in the league is good and should not be taken lightly. 
“We’re going into Ole Miss. Where are they ranked in the league? They’re ranked at the bottom. What does that mean? They always have to look forward to it.” Blair said. “… there’s really no bottom in the league except by the records. These teams are good.” 
A&M is led by Danni Williams who joined the 1,000-point club after the win against Auburn, Chennedy Carter who averages 21.3 points a game and is the nation’s freshman leading scorer, while Anriel Howard and Khaalia Hillsman are putting up double figure points for A&M, averaging 15.1 PPG and 11.5 PPG for the season. 
The Rebels are led by Alissa Alston who has a 14.6 PPG in SEC play and has a total of 15 double-digit games, Promise Taylor who leads the SEC in shooting with a 9.1 PPG, and Madinah Muhammad who holds a 16.6 PPG in SEC play and has gone 20 or more in seven games. 
Blair commented on the star players for Ole Miss, saying that Taylor will be challenging Hillsman all night, while Muhammad and Alston will be leading the Rebels because they are a guard-oriented team.  
“Mississippi is a guard-oriented team. They’ve got a great freshman post in a kid named Promise Taylor, 6’5” kid that’s leading our league in field goal percentage. She’s scoring down on the block, she’s going to give Khaalia [Hillsman] all she wants. [Alissa] Alston and [Madinah] Mohammad out front. They’re two guards, very very good, very quick.” Blair said. 
The Aggies and Rebels will go head-to-head on Thursday at Reed Arena. Tipoff is set for 7p.m. and the game will be presented on the SEC network.