Aggies in the NFL

Photo by Courtesy

The former Heisman Trophy winner is still without a team after getting released by the Browns.

Johnny Manziel:

From entering rehab to his incident involving a heckling fan at a golf tournament, Cleveland Browns’ Johnny Manziel had an eventful offseason this past year. However Manziel showed flashes of improvement this preseason going 10-18 with a touchdown pass against the Buffalo Bills in week two.

With all of the commotion surrounding the former Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback,  head coach Mike Pettine has already announced veteran Josh McCown will be the starting QB heading into week one.  

Manziel, who has had a history of elbow soreness going back to his days in Aggieland, will be getting a lot of time resting his arm and stay ready behind McCown. 

Ryan Tannehill:

Going into his fourth NFL season, former student Ryan Tannehill will be looking to put the 

Dolphins over the top and into the playoffs for the first time in his young career.

“Frankly, I’m concentrating on winning,” he said. “Frankly, there hasn’t been enough winning. That’s the one thing we are really focusing on. It’s just a matter of being consistent. Last year, we had games where we were great, but we have to find consistency week in and week out.”

Tannehill showed great strides of improvement in 2014, eclipsing 4,000 yards passing for the first time in his career while increasing his touchdowns from 24 to 27 and decreasing his interception total from 17 to 12. Adding defensive force Ndamukong Suh from the Lions in free agency should give Tannehill more possessions and more opportunities to put points on the board this season. With a 23-25 record on his resume, Tannehill will need to put together a good season for Dolphin fans to feel comfortable with the new four-year, $77 million contract he received this summer. 

Mike Evans:

After a rookie campaign in which he broke the franchise record in touchdown receptions with 12, Mike Evans has spent some of his time in the offseason working with six-time pro bowler Randy Moss.

“It was pretty much just his knowledge of the game and some stories of what [Moss] has been through,” Evans said. “I think he’s the best to ever do it. Working with him, I think it will take my game to the next level.”

When the 2014 season wrapped, Evans had hauled in 68 receptions for 1,051 yards along with his franchise-record of 12 touchdowns, despite missing a game due to injury. Now, with No. 1 overall pick Jameis Winston leading the Bucs offense instead of the rotation that was the Bucs quarterbacks last season, one can expect Evans not to miss a beat in his sophomore campaign.

Luke Joeckel:

After suffering a season-ending injury early in his rookie season, former second overall pick in 2014 and Outland trophy reciepient Luke Joeckel was inconsistent last season for the Jaguars. The Jaguars will be looking for improvement from Joeckel this season to consider if they should pick up the 2017 option on his contract.

• Mike Evans broke a franchise record with 12 touchdown receptions. 

Photo by Courtesy