Aggies lead Missouri 13-6 at half

It’s halftime here at Kyle Field, and despite being outgained 223-145 in total yards, A&M leads Missouri 13-6.
Two consecutive defensive pass interferences committed by Deshazor Everett and Devonta Burns put the Tigers right outside the red zone on their opening drive. The Aggies were able to make a stop, forcing Mizzou’s Andrew Baggett to kick a 38-yard field goal.
The kickoff was returned for 70 yards by true freshman wide receiver Speedy Noil. The Aggies would take over at Mizzou’s 25 yard line. A swatted pass by Marcus Loud led to an A&M fourth down where Josh Lambo put a 40-yard field goal through the uprights, making the Aggies and Tigers tied at three all.
With just under three minutes left in the first quarter, a pass from Kyle Allen went off the hands of receiver Speedy Noil before being intercepted by safety Ian Simon. The Tigers took over on their own 42-yard line but were unable to move the ball, forcing a Christian Brinser punt with no return by Speedy Noil. The Aggies got possession back on their own 18.
Kyle Allen spun out of a sack and escaped the pocket to fight back to the line of scrimmage to conclude the first quarter with the score still 3-3.
On the first play of the second quarter, quarterback Allen scrambled left and was chased down from behind by Markus Golden. Allen fumbled but was able to fall back onto the ball and maintain possession. A&M punted and the Tigers took over again at their own 32.
Maty Mauk then completed a 27-yard pass to receiver Jimmie Hunt, giving the Tigers another first down at the Aggies 39. Missouri went for it on a fourth-and-five and was unable to convert as A&M took over on downs.
On the Aggies first play, Allen threw the ball out to running back Tra Carson who turned around and threw it right back to the quarterback on a trick play, but Allen was unable to hold on. The Aggies punted the ball on fourth down but Missouri was flagged for roughing the punter. After the penalty, the Aggies set up shop on the Mizzou’s 44 with 9:50 to go in the second quarter.
On a first down, Allen found sophomore wide receiver Josh Reynolds who was able to shed a tackle before diving into the end zone for an Aggie touchdown. The Josh Lambo PAT was good, and the Aggies led the Tigers 10-3 with 9:40 remaining in the half.
On the ensuing possession, Mizzou quarterback Maty Mauk threw a 28-yard pass to receiver Bud Sasser who showed a good display of skill, snagging the ball with one hand while tip-toeing the sideline. The play gave the Tigers a first down at the A&M 47.
After working their way down into the red zone, a Mauk touchdown pass was called back due to offensive pass interference, which pushed the tigers back to the 17 yard line where Baggett nailed a 38-yard field goal. The Aggies remained the leader 10-6 with 4:30 left to play in the first half.
Andrew Baggett hit a short kickoff which took a favorable bounce for the Aggies, tumbling out of bounds. Texas A&M began their next drive at their 35 but went three-and-out.
With the ball on the Aggie 38-yard line, Mauk threw up a pass that was picked off by true freshman Armani Watts, his third pick of the year. His 36-yard return gave the Aggies the ball at their 48-yard line with two timeouts and 49 seconds remaining before half time.
A&M then converted on a fourth down with nine seconds remaining with a deep ball to Josh Reynolds for 32-yard gain. The Aggies would take their third and final timeout before sending out the field goal unit. Josh Lambo’s 31-yard field goal attempt was good, as the Aggies took a 13-6 lead into the break.