Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Aggies prepare for pro bout

After dropping its first attempt, the Texas A&M soccer team will get another shot to prove in can compete at the professional level.
Spring soccer will continue when the Aggies host the Houston Dash of the National Women’s Soccer League at 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ellis Field in their third exhibition game of the spring.
Wednesday’s match will be the second meeting between the two squads and the fourth preseason game for the Dash in its inaugural season in the NWSL. Houston has held its opponents scoreless in its previous preseason matches this season, outscoring opponents 12-0.
The shutouts began with a 4-0 trouncing of Rice and carried over into A&M’s first meeting against the Dash at Houston Amateur Sports Park where the Dash escaped, 1-0.
The Dash continued its sweep of Texas universities with a 7-0 drubbing of the Texas Tech Red Raiders.
The Aggies started their spring play with a 4-0 defeat over Houston Aces South Select at Ellis Field. Freshman Haley Pounds was able to etch her first goal in the maroon and white behind two goals from senior Kelley Monogue and an additional tally from Bianca Brinson.
Admission to the match is free.