Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

Aggies run in IAAFs

Three A&M sprinters competed in the 2011 IAAF World Championships in Daegu, South Korea.
Texas A&M sprinter Jessica Beard took fourth in the semifinals of the 2011 IAAF World Championships. Beard ran in the third heat of the semifinals, challenging for third place until finishing in 51.27 seconds for 11th overall. She said the competition was tough and she made the right adjustments.
“I knew I had to get out because I had some amazing girls behind me,” said Beard. “I was in lane eight and I couldn’t see anybody. So, I had to get out and at least put myself in a good position to finish with them because they’re very strong finishers.”
Beard will also run on the USA 4 x 400 relay team. The prelims for the event run on Friday, Sept. 2 (Thursday at 10:10 p.m. local time), with the finals set for Saturday, Sept. 3 (Saturday at 6:40 a.m. local time).
Two Aggie sprinters will run the semifinal of the men’s 400 on Monday (6 a.m. local time). Tabarie Henry represents the U.S. Virgin Islands and Demetrius Pinder joins two other sprinters from the Bahamas to run the semis. Henry took fourth in the 2009 World Championship final and will compete for a spot in this year’s final from the second heat. Pinder will man lane one in the third semifinal heat.