Aggies to host Prairie View A&M on Monday

Junior point guard Jordan Jones dribbles down the floor in the 76-55 victory against Rice Wednesday. Photo by Cody Franklin.

Only 50 miles separate Texas A&M and Prairie View A&M, and the Lady Panthers will make the quick trip up to Reed Arena Monday night for a 7 p.m. tipoff with the No. 5 Aggie women’s basketball team.
Though the undefeated Aggies (4-0) have a much different record than that of Prairie View A&M (0-2), the reigning SWAC champions are coming off their fourth straight appearance in the NCAA Tournament. Prairie View A&M is led by senior guard Jeanette Jackson, who is averaging 19 points per game this season.
The game will also mark the return of Lady Panther junior guard Lamaria Cole, a native of Bryan, Texas, and a graduate of Rudder High School.
A&M is looking for its fifth 5-0 start in the last seven years. The Aggies are led by junior guard Courtney Walker, who scored her 1,000th career point Wednesday in her team’s win over Rice. A preseason All-American, Walker is averaging 20 points per game.
Also leading the Aggie attack is junior point guard Jordan Jones. Another one of three preseason All-Americans — along with Walker and suspended junior forward Courtney Williams — Jones leads the team in assists with 22 after setting a school record in assists last season.
The Aggies are hosting Fish Camp Night during Monday’s meeting, inviting all members of the Class of 2018 to the game. Students wearing their Fish Camp shirts will be eligible for giveaways at the student entrance and promotions throughout the game.
A&M will continue its five-game homestand at 7 p.m. Wednesday when it hosts McNeese State.