The Editor-in-Chiefs of The Aggieland Yearbook, The Battalion, and Maroon Life magazine pose for a photo in The Battalion office studio on Wednesday, May 1, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
The ‘Write’ stuff: A&M Student Media announces 2024-25 leadership
Meet the new editors of The Battalion, Aggieland Yearbook, Maroon Life magazine
Ana Renfroe, Head News Editor • May 4, 2024
Freshman Heather Abadie stalls out during the pole vaulting competition at the SEC Indoor Track and Field Championship on Saturday, Feb. 26, 2022.
Soaring for success
Youngchan Kang, JOUR 359 contributor • May 8, 2024

Supported by an athletic family background, junior Heather Abadie has continued to soar toward her ultimate Olympic goal as she sits atop Texas...

Aggies win fourth meet in a row, beat LSU, 171-126

Photo by CJ Smith
Senior Bobbi Kennett surfaces while swimming in the Women 200 LC Meter IM during the 2023 Art Adamson Invitational at the Texas A&M Natatorium on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2023. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)

The No. 11 Texas A&M women’s swimming and diving team took a resounding 171-126 win versus SEC opponent LSU on Saturday, Jan. 20.

The Aggies began their day with a victory, winning the 200-yard medley relay behind a team of freshman Miranda Grana, senior Bobbi Kennett, senior Olivia Theall and senior Chloe Stepanek. Stepanek had the fastest split with 22.62 seconds and their final time of one minute and 39.90 seconds was enough to win the event.

A&M continued its impressive start, taking the top four placements in the 1000-yard freestyle with senior Abby Grottle, sophomore Rachel Love, sophomore Hayden Miller and freshman Emma Gettys racing to times of  9:55.79, 9:56.34, 10:18.44 and 10:19.56, respectively.

All four relay members took gold in their individual events. Stepanek won her second event by leading the pack in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:47.69. Grottle finished closely behind, finishing in 1:49.87. Grana took her second win with the 100-yard backstroke. Her time of 55.01 was narrowly ahead of two other Aggies, freshman Ellis Fox’s 55.38 and junior Aviv Barzelay’s 55.43.

In the 100-yard breaststroke, Kennett won with a time of 1:01.74, two seconds ahead of the next closest competitor. Theall won her race, the 200-yard butterfly, with a time of 1:58.96 with freshman Katie Walker getting second with a time of 2:00.86.

Grana and Theall took home a hat trick of events with Grana continuing her dominance, winning the 200 backstroke with a time of 1:57.80, and Theall’s 53.51 finishing in top position in the 100-yard butterfly.

Further helping the Maroon and White, sophomore Giulia Goerigk won the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:16.53 and Love won the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 4:53.21.

Sophomore Joslyn Oakley finished second in both diving events with a score of 292.95 in the 1-meter and 320.33 in the 3-meter.

The Aggies can continue their four-meet winning streak when they face SMU at home on Friday, Feb. 2.