Texas A&M Aggies guard Tyrece Radford (23) blocks Arkansas Razorbacks guard Tramon Mark (12) during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024, at Reed Arena. (Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
Free falling
Jace LaViolette (17) an Head Coach Jim Schlossnagle celebrating a home run during Texas A&Ms game against UIW on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
GALLERY: Baseball vs. UIW
Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) catches a pop fly during Texas A&M’s game against McNeese on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2024 at Blue Bell Park. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Free falling
GALLERY: Baseball vs. UIW

Aggies wrap up play at Jack Kramer Invitational

The Aggie women’s tennis team wrapped up play at the Jack Kramer Invitational Sunday. The final pair of Aggies left was doubles partners Saska Gavrilovska and Eva Paalma, who bowed out in the semifinals to No. 1 overall seed Giuliana Olmos and Gabby Smith of USC on Saturday.
The Aggies performed well in the doubles bracket as a whole. The pair of Rutuja Bhosale and Ines Deheza advanced to the quarterfinals only to be eliminated by another USC pairing, Zoe Katz and Madison Westby.
In singles, sophomore Mason Strickland was eliminated in her first match 6-2, 6-1 to Lisa Fields end of NC State. Paalma also was in the singles bracket, only to fall in the round of 32 in a tightly contested match, 6-1, 6-7, and 6-2 to Zoe Katz.
Gavrilovska, the No. 2 overall seed in the singles bracket, fell in her first match in straight sets to Joanna Nalborska of NC State. The Aggie who fared the best in singles was sophomore Rutuja Bhosale, who advanced to the round of 16.
This was the last official scheduled match for the many on the team. Saska Gavrilovska, Ines Deheza and Rachel Pierson will compete in the ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships in Flushing, N.Y. Gavrilovska will enter the singles draw as a wildcard entry, while Deheza and Pierson will enter the doubles draw by virtue of their victory at the ITA Regionals in Waco.
The ITA National Championships kick off this Thursday.