All-American Branch selected to SWC Hall of Fame

Texas A&M women’s basketball legend Lisa Branch was selected to the Southwest Conference Hall of Fame as part of the 2019 class on Monday.
Representing the Aggies from 1992-96, Branch was the first All-American selection in A&M women’s basketball history.
Branch left a strong mark on the program by leading it to its first two NCAA Tournament appearances, highlighted by A&M’s historic 1994 run, where the Aggies upset Florida and San Diego State and became the lowest seed to reach the Sweet 16 in tournament history.
A&M proceeded to win the NWIT Championship the following season, spearheaded by Branch’s tournament MVP-winning performances. Once again, Branch’s Aggie squad outdid itself in 1996 en route to winning the first Southwest Conference Championship in A&M women’s basketball history.
Throughout her illustrious career at A&M, Branch tallied statistics that would eventually allow her to be revered as the program’s career leader in points (1,939), assists (795) and steals (309). Playing every game during her four years, Branch was selected first team All-Southwest Conference three times and awarded SWC Player of the Year for the 1993-1994 season.
Branch will be A&M’s first women’s basketball player to be inducted into the Southwest Conference Hall of Fame.