A&M Basketball to begin season overseas

Tanner Garza — THE BATTALIONWhile junior guard Danuel House has carried the load offensively this season, a strong rebounding effort has helped A&M survive his off nights.

Tanner Garza — THE BATTALION

While junior guard Danuel House has carried the load offensively this season, a strong rebounding effort has helped A&M survive his off nights.

The Texas A&M basketball team will get an early start to their 2015-16 season when they take an 11 day trip to Italy and Greece this August.
The Aggies will depart from College Station on August 13th and arrive in Rome after a red eye flight. Although the trip will allow for plenty of time to tour the beautiful European cities, the main focus of the trip is, of course, basketball. 
The team will play four games against local competition throughout the duration of the trip which will serve as the kick-off of the season that begins in mid-November. 
Texas A&M head coach Billy Kennedy spoke on what the opportunity means for the team. 
“We’re excited about this opportunity to take our team to Europe,” Kennedy said. “The trip will give us a chance to develop some team chemistry early. We will also get to see our newcomers on the court and get a head start for an exciting season.”
The newcomers Kennedy spoke of consist of what some are calling possibly the best recruiting class in the program’s history. Tyler Davis, Elijah Thomas, D.J Hogg and Admon Gilder are all four-star recruits according to ESPN and have plans to elevate the Aggie basketball program to the next level.
In addition to the incoming freshmen the Aggies will be leaning on their All-SEC seniors. Alex Caruso, Danuel House and Jalen Jones led the Aggies to a 21-win season last year and are primed to act as the leaders of this new A&M squad. 
Stay updated on the Aggie’s tour overseas by following coverage from The Battalion and thebatt.com
Tentative Itinerary (subject to change)

Day 1 (August 13)
Overnight flight to Rome 
Day 2 (August 14)
Tour Rome 
Day 3 (August 15)
Tour Rome
Game #1 
Day 4 (August 16)
Tour Vatican City 
Day 5 (August 17)
Travel to Latina
Game #2 
Day 6 (August 18)
Tour ancient Pompeii 
Day 7 (August 19)
Travel to Athens 
Day 8 (August 20)
Tour Athens
Game #3 
Day 9 (August 21)
Game #4 
Day 10 (August 22)
Greek Islands Tour 
Day 11 (August 23)
Return to the United Stats