A&M completes Arkansas sweep

The theme for the Aggies this week was finish, and finish they did.
The No. 17 Texas A&M softball team swept the Arkansas Razorbacks (23-14, 2-6 SEC) this weekend in a three-game series that began as a rainout for the first game.
The Aggies and Razorbacks played a doubleheader on Saturday, which resulted in two Aggie victories, 8-7 and 9-8 respectively. The Aggies completed the sweep Sunday by a score of 11-7.
A&M (26-9, 7-5 SEC) capitalized on an assortment of Razorback errors, leading to many runs for the Aggie offense. Head coach Jo Evans said it’s tough to get a sweep in the ultra-competitive SEC.
“It’s really tough to do – to go anywhere in the SEC on the road and sweep,” Evans said. “For us to come here and take care of business like this in some hard-fought games – in every game we were behind at some point – was huge. What we did so well was answer back. Every time they scored, we answered right back. I’m really proud of our kids. I thought our approach was really good, and our mentality. I felt like we were here to win games.”
Senior Amber Garza had a big day at the plate, picking up six RBIs on a double and a home run while adding a base hit and a walk to her tally. Garza’s six RBIs were a season high for her and tied the most of her career in a single game.
Senior Nicole Morgan was 2-for-3 on the day with two base hits, two walks and four runs scored. Senior Cassie Tysarczyk was also a major part of the Aggies’ production, reaching base four times on the day with three base hits and two runs scored.
The Aggies will next travel to Houston to continue play at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday against the University of Houston, which was scheduled for earlier in the season but was postponed due to rain.