A&M Equestrian knocks off No. 2 South Carolina

The No. 6 Texas A&M equestrian team upset No. 2 South Carolina at the Hildebrand Equine Complex by a score of 11-8 on Saturday.
The Aggies (6-4, 2-2 SEC) had to come from behind, trailing 8-6 going into the final section of competition. The Aggies responded in a big way with a 5-0 sweep in reining. Junior Logan Pluhar scored the final point for the Aggies and sealed the 11-8 victory.
The sweep in reining proved to be the difference in the competition, and was the only section won by Texas A&M. The Gamecocks won the horsemanship and fences sections both by a margin of 3-2. The Aggies split the flat with South Carolina 2-2.
Senior Leah Chenelle (fences) and freshman Jaci Marley (reining) were named the most outstanding players of the match for the Aggies. The win improves the Aggies unblemished home record to 6-0.
A&M will travel to Bishop, Georgia next weekend in search for its first road victory of the season against No. 6 Georgia. The Aggies defeated the Bulldogs earlier this season at home by a score of 11-7.