Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

A&M hockey suffers ninth-straight defeat in 5-2 loss to SMU on Friday

Photo by Jaime Rowe

Sophomore Defensemen Evan Mccuaig (11) pushes against a ETBU player on the ice during Texas A&M’s game against ETBU on Saturday, Nov. 4, 2023 at Spirit Ice Arena.

Texas A&M hockey suffered its ninth-straight defeat against the SMU Mustangs on Friday, Nov. 17, at Richardson StarCenter by a score of 5-2. This game dropped the Aggies to a lowly 3-11 record for the season.
This one started off with SMU scoring in the third minute of the first period, with senior forward Clayton Malone giving the Mustangs an early 1-0 lead.
The Aggies would eventually respond in the period, as junior forward Marshall Rushing scored in the 12th minute to even the score at 1. This wouldn’t last long, however, as freshman forward Tripp Miley, who is up to 18 points in 2023, gave the Mustangs a 2-1 lead late in the first.
There was a good amount of back and forth in the first between the two teams, and tensions rose a few times in the first. The score would hold as the period came to a close, with A&M looking to grab its first lead of the evening.
In the second, the Maroon and White tied it once again at 2 with 13:16 left in the second. When it looked like A&M had the momentum, SMU responded in a massive way. The Mustangs proceeded to score three-straight unanswered goals, including the first coming from senior forward Alex McBey, who now has four goals this season.
Malone and Miley both tacked on one each, giving them both a pair of goals on the night for the Mustangs. This was Malone’s fourth game of the season scoring multiple goals for SMU, whereas it was the third for Miley. The period would end with a 5-2 score in favor of SMU, giving it a commanding lead heading into the final frame of this match.
Despite the deficit, the Aggies continued to remain aggressive and physical in the third, trying desperately to get back into the game. The Mustangs were not letting up defensively, keeping A&M out of the scoring column and matching its energy.
The Aggies took multiple shots on goal to try and make a dent in the Mustang lead, but they were stonewalled at any attempt to do so. With the Aggies having no answers for the Mustangs, the 5-2 score held for SMU in the final period, giving A&M yet another crushing defeat.