A&M Memorabilia to help Boys and Girls Club

As A&Ms inaugural SEC season approaches, Nikco Sports a major sports memorabilia provider has engaged the University, former students and all interested parties to aid in a fundraiser for Boys and Girls Clubs throughout the state of Texas.
According to a Nikco Sports press release, the company is providing an exclusive product for A&M students, former students and fans for purchase. For $99 each, fans can buy a full-sized SEC inaugural season Texas A&M football of which only 2,012 were produced in support of local Boys and Girls Clubs.
Each commemorative football features several white panels showcasing a variety of historical information pertaining to Aggie football and Kyle Field. The ball lists significant dates in Aggie football history including national titles, conference crowns and bowl game appearances. A listing of SEC schools by division with the official SEC logo and a panoramic view of Kyle Field round off the featured images.
Craig Bidner, CEO of Nikco sports, expressed his sentiments on the project.
Were especially pleased to offer Aggie fans an opportunity to own something that is very limited and something that will help generate additional funds to help put smiles on faces of young men and women who depend on services provided by Boys and Girls Club, Bidner said in the press release. Were honored to play a small part in this project in helping them develop a safe place for these youngsters to learn and grow.
In recent seasons, Nikco has raised over $1.8 million for childrens organizations. Boys and Girls Club specifically targets kids ages 6-18 without an immediate ride home following the closure of school, providing students with a safe, educational area to reside in lieu of entering the streets.
Bob Ibach, the official Nikco spokesperson, said Boys and Girls Club greatly impact his life as a kid growing up in New York, a reason he continues to raise awareness for the cause.
The Bronx gets pretty tough, your parents are out working and everything. You come home after school and theres no place to go, Ibach said. [The organization] was always a safe place for me to gothey would bring us to the ball fields over there and keep us off the streets. Ive always been very indebted to Boys and Girls Club.
Tami Swigert, vice president of community relations for the Brazos Valley Boys and Girls club, said she was delighted Nikco approached them for the project.
They approached us and were thrilled to death to have their support and have them wanting to help the Boys and Girls Club, Swigert said. The folks at Texas A&M agreed [to this fundraiser], so were very happy we have this partnership.
The inaugural SEC footballs can be purchased at nikcosports.com or by calling Nikco directly at 1-800-345-2868.