Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

A&M men’s golf’s Maggert lands top 10 finish

Courtesy of Craig Bisacre/Texas A&M Athletics

Senior member of the Texas A&M golf team Sam Bennett secured a podium finish at the second tournament of the 2021 season. 

The Texas A&M men’s golf team sent three players to Houston for the All-American Individual Tournament from Monday, March 18 to Tuesday, March 19.Freshman Jake Maggert was the star of the show, securing sixth place by matching the course par with 72 in the third and final round.

Maggert jointly led birdies at the tournament with a total of 10. His performance didn’t get off to the best start, scoring 8-over par in the first round, but Maggert managed to bounce back in a big way with a 3-under 69 in the second.

Besides Maggert, redshirt freshman Joe Stover started out strong with a fourth place ranking after Day 1. Showing off his consistency, Stover hit a 2-over 74 followed by a 1-under 71 to put him one stroke back after the second round. Stover hit a big roadblock come Tuesday, getting through the third round with a 7-over 79 to finish in 11th place.

Freshman Jack Usner scored a 5-over 77 to start the event and followed it up with a 2-over 74. Usner wasn’t able to maintain his momentum, scoring an 8-over 80 in the third round. Usner finished the tournament in 21st place.

Texas Tech junior Charlie Delong won the tournament and was the only golfer to shoot under par, finishing at 3-under.

The Aggies head to the Sunshine State to play in the Valspar Collegiate from Monday, March 25 to Tuesday, March 26 at Floridian National Golf Club.