A&M rides Allen’s hot hand on road

1. Kyle Allen shines
Making his first SEC start, true freshman quarterback Kyle Allen tied an A&M freshman record with four touchdown passes against Auburn and went 19-of-29 passing for 277 yards and an interception. Allen’s effort earned him the Walter Camp National Offensive Player of the Week award, the eighth Aggie to receive the honor.
2. Ground and pound
The Aggies rushed for 176 yards on 35 carries against Auburn, averaging a healthy five yards per clip. Trey and Brandon Williams led the way, combining for 140 yards on 22 attempts.
3. “Sumlin” to behold
Saturday’s win made Kevin Sumlin the first coach in A&M history to earn three road wins against top 10 opponents, and was the second-highest ranked road victory in program history behind A&M’s 2012 victory over Alabama. In his career at A&M, Sumlin is 14-4 away from Kyle Field and 11-4 in true road games.
4. Touchdown machine
Sophomore wide receiver Josh Reynolds caught six passes for 88 yards and two touchdowns against the Tigers, and is tied with Alabama’s Amari Cooper for the SEC lead in touchdown receptions with 10. Reynolds is already the top touchdown catcher among first-year Aggies in A&M history.
5. Fumblerooski
A&M recovered three fumbles Saturday, including two in its own territory during the fourth quarter. The three takeaways were a season high for the Aggies, who won the turnover battle by a 3-1 margin.