Texas A&M pitcher Ryan Prager (18) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas at Olsen Field on Thursday, May 16, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
No. 5 Aggies outlast No. 3 Razorbacks in 11-inning pitchers duel

If you’re a fan of high-scoring baseball, Thursday’s matchup between No. 5 Texas A&M and No. 3 Arkansas probably wasn’t for you. But...

A&M soccer bests SEC foes LSU and Ole Miss

Though play at Ellis Field halted for a weekend, the victories for the Texas A&M soccer team kept rolling as the Aggies improved to 9-1-1 with wins over the LSU Tigers and the Ole Miss Rebels this weekend.
A&M traveled to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to start its two-game road trip on Friday, making quick work of the Tigers in a 4-1 victory.
Senior Kelley Monogue put the Aggies ahead early, scoring off an Allie Bailey assist in the second minute of play to put A&M ahead 1-0.
Just 29 seconds later, the Tigers’ Fernanda Pina evened the score at 1-1 with her second goal of the season.
The scoring opportunities were minimal for the Tigers, as LSU managed just two shots on goal and six total for the game against A&M goalkeeper Renee McDermott. The Aggies countered with 20 total shots, 11 on goal.
Annie Kunz gave A&M the lead with her first goal of the year to bring the score to 2-1.
Shea Groom spent the rest of the match aiming to put the Tigers away for good with goals in the 28th and 54th minute. However, Groom’s weekend of scoring was just beginning.
After the 4-1 victory against the Tigers, Ole Miss hosted A&M for a 1 p.m. match on Sunday afternoon in Oxford, Miss., to complete the Aggies road trip.
After conceding a goal to Maddie Friedmann, who headed in a corner kick to put the Rebels up 1-0, the Aggies found themselves in jeopardy of seeing their four game winning streak snapped.
In the 72nd minute, Bailey evened the contest for A&M with her third goal of the season on a shot that came from outside of the far box.
Rebels goalkeeper Kelly McCormick had eight total saves on a day that saw A&M attempt 23 total shots. The game appeared to be heading for a tie when yet again, Groom found the back of the net, beating her defender in the 79th minute and crossing in an unassisted shot for her SEC-leading 11th goal of the year.
McDermott compiled three more saves off seven Ole Miss shots.
Conference play continues next week with a Friday matchup against the Florida Gators, kicking off at 7 p.m. at Ellis Field.