Texas A&M pitcher Evan Aschenbeck (53) throws a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Florida at the NCAA Men’s College World Series semifinal at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Sunday, June 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Aggies defeat Gators 6-0 to advance to first College World Series finals
Kolton Becker, Sports Writer • June 20, 2024

There’s always a first for everything.  For the first time in program history, Texas A&M baseball is headed to the Men’s College...

A&M soccer defeats San Diego at Ellis Field

Soccer vs BYU (30 of 32).jpg

The No. 9 ranked Texas A&M Aggies defeated the San Diego Toreros, 3-0 at Ellis Field on Sunday evening. Coming off a win over BYU last Friday, the Aggies were able to maintain their undefeated season record.
A&M also earned their fourth shutout in their first four games of their season for the first time in the history of the program.
In Sunday’s triumph, junior forward Ally Watt tallied her fourth goal of the season as her teammates. Sophomore midfielder Addie McCain and senior defender Kendall Ritchie added to the 1-0 lead after scoring their first goals of the season.
The Aggies were quick to set the tone for the game as Watt’s close shot down the right side was able to get wide past goalkeeper Amber Michel into the top right corner of the goal and allowed A&M an early 1-0 lead right before the six minute mark.
Freshman midfielder Kendall Bates and Watt did not waste any time to get another pair of shots in after the opening goal but did not see the same result as Watt’s first shot on goal.
Throughout much of what was let of the first half of the game, the Aggies were dominant in overall ball possession and along out-shooting the Toreros 16 to 5.
The start of the game’s second half did not resemble the high level of pace that the first half did. Ritchie would take a corner kick that would result in sophomore defender Jordan Hill’s shot that would then be hit off the goal post, being the Aggie’s real first chance to score in the second half.
The last five minutes of the game proved to be eventful. Bates’ corner kick resulted in a handball foul in the box by San Diego, granting the Aggies a penalty kick. McCain would then knock through the penalty shot to give A&M the late 2-0 lead (85’).
Immediately following, Ritchie would take a free kick from just outside the penalty box and force it in through near the left post (87’) to ensure the Aggies of the win.
The Aggies look to continue their undefeated start of their season as they host Oklahoma on Friday at 8:00 p.m. at Ellis Field.