A&M soccer hosts Missouri on Thursday at Ellis Field

Photo by Photo by: Morgan Engel

Junior Haley Pounds advances toward the UCLA goal.

The Texas A&M soccer team looks to bounce back from three-straight conference losses as they host Mizzou at Ellis Field on Oct. 6.
The Aggies’ (7-5, 2-3 SEC) three losses included two on the road to Vanderbilt and Alabama, followed by a home loss against 1-0, to South Carolina on Sept. 29.
The team is missing a few of their key players — sophomore Kate Hajdu, who’s compiled 499 minutes for the Aggies thus far,  is out for the season and will undergo ACL surgery. Sophomore Emily Bates, who has two goals and an assist is hopeful to return soon, alongside her teammate senior defender Ashlynn Harryman, who has an assist to go alongside 461 minutes played.
Junior Olympian Stephanie Malherbe returned to the lineup against South Carolina after being held out since being pulled half-way through the season opener.

Junior Haley Pounds still holds the lead on offense for the team — six goals, three of which were game winners, four assists and 16 points thus far. Senior keeper Danielle Rice has a 7-5 record thus far, with five shutouts under her belt — the most in the SEC.

Mizzou (8-4, 3-2 SEC) travels to College Station coming off a 1-0 loss to Auburn on the road.

Freshman Sarah Luebbert and junior Allie Hess are the goal scorers for the Tigers — Luebbert has six goals and three assists, while Hess has five goals and an assist.

Sophomore Kelsey Dossey is the keeper for the Tigers, posting an 8-3 record in 11 starts to go alongside two shutouts.
Head coach G Guerrieri said his team will look to stop an opponent that puts points up on the board consistently.

“Mizzou are very athletic — they’re very physical, they’re pretty direct in the way that they play,” Guerrieri said. “They take pride in their ability to take people on, to be able to get the ball wide and serve the ball. They like to outscore teams, so it’ll be a real challenge…”

Kickoff is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. and will broadcast on the SEC Network + and can be heard on 1550 AM.