A&M softball looks to top Bearkats for second time this season

The Texas A&M softball team will make a quick trip Wednesday evening to play the Sam Houston State Bearkats in Huntsville, Texas.
The Aggies (21-7) will wrap up a four-game road stretch Wednesday before returning home to host their second conference series of the year.
Brittany Clopton leads the Aggies this season in hits (30), and ranks second in runs scored as well (22). The senior’s efforts, paired with a host of her teammates performing well at the plate, has allowed A&M to outscore their opponents 157-79 on the year.
Sam Houston State (7-15) has had a hard time so far this season putting together any sort of a positive run. The Bearkats suffered two five-game losing streaks in which they retired early in five games due to being run ruled.
A&M has not experienced the same sort of issues thus far in the season. The Aggies went on a 12-game winning streak leading into conference play and only dropped three games since the streak was put to an end by SEC foe, Kentucky.
Last week, the Bearkats visited College Station and fell to the Aggies 9-1. A&M scored six runs off of six hits in the fourth inning, which led to the game ending after just five innings.
The Aggies are sitting at an even (3-3) in conference play as they take a break to visit the Bearkats. With Kentucky and Mississippi State now in the rear-view mirror, A&M must look ahead with the goal of not just winning games, but also winning series.
First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. in Huntsville this Wednesday.