A&M Swimming and Diving crushes Indian River State College

The weekend in Florida concluded for Texas A&m when they crushed Indian River State College 209.5-89.5 Saturday in Fort Pierce, Fla. A&m stayed in Florida for five days, and improved their record with a win over Florida Atlantic as well. Aggie head coach Jay Holmes said he loved the excursion.
“This whole trip was a great experience for our guys,” Holmes said. “We had two great wins and got to spend a good amount of time with each other. Every meal we ate together, we traveled together, and we toured together. Everywhere we went we went together. Through all this time, our guys got to know each other more and in the end we have become a much closer team.”
Mimicking their meet against FAU, the Aggies started off with a first place finish in the 200 medley relay. Alexandros Theocharidis, Mauro Castillo, Justin Morey and Jacob Gonzales together had a time of 1:32.52. Freshman continued to shine for A&M, as Gonzales outplayed his opponents with firsts in the 50 and 100 free, and times of 20.57 and 45.56. Gonzales’ relay partner Castillo clocked in at 57.15 to get first in the 100 breaststroke. Finally, freshman Miha Bernat trumped all swimmers in the 500 free with a 4:42.17 time.
For the third consecutive meet, Aggie divers Tyler Henschel and Zachary Stockton swept their competition in both diving events. Henschel claimed first in the 1-meter with a 344.60 score and again in the 3-meter with 352.45.
“I’m very happy with our divers’ performances,” said diving coach Jay Lerew. “The conditions proved to be a true test for us. Doing complex dives outside with 60 degree temperatures and winds gusting up to 25 miles per hour was definitely difficult but, as true Aggies, they handled it well.”
A&M will attempt to keep their three-meet winning streak alive when they host the Art Adamson Invitational from Nov. 20-22.