A&M targets visiting UTSA

Texas A&M baseball, two days removed from being swept on the road by No. 14 South Carolina, looks to renew its momentum against the University of Texas at San Antonio Roadrunners on Tuesday at Blue Bell Park.
A&M faces off against UTSA (16-12, 2-4) in its ninth mid-week game of the season, boasting an 8-0 record in weekday games. The Aggies, who recently reacquired a spot in the Top 25, kick off an eight-game home stand with their matchup against the Roadrunners, aiming to hold on to their ranking.
Junior outfielder Krey Bratsen said A&M has potential, but requires a chip-on-the-shoulder mentality to match odds down the stretch of the season.
We have a great team, but if we don’t come out with an edge, the other team is going to come out and beat [us] every time, Bratsen said.
Senior pitcher Rafael Pineda stands as the favorite to start against UTSA following his ace performance last Tuesday in A&Ms 7-0 shutout of UT-Arlington. Pineda, who began the season in the vaunted weekend lineup, has only recently thrown consistently well, owning a 2-2 record on the season with a 3.38 ERA.
Pineda said hes focused on building team success, noting that pitchers only have one chance a week to contribute as compared with other positions.
It feels great to be able to help the team out, Pineda said following last Tuesdays victory. As a pitcher, we dont get that many opportunities to contribute. It feels great to be able to come out and help the team get a win.
Matching up against the A&M pitching staff will be a high-powered UTSA offense, anchored by Daniel Rockett and RJ Perucki. The two combine for 52 RBIs and 15 homeruns on the season.
First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. at Blue Bell Park.