Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

A&M ties LSU 0-0 in regular-season finale

Photo by Chris Swann/The Battalion

Senior M Taylor Pounds (9) fights for the ball between Gamecock defender Lily Render (25) during Texas A&M’s game vs. South Carolina at Ellis Field on Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)

Texas A&M soccer’s hope of conquering the SEC West was dashed on Thursday, Oct. 26 as it finished 0-0 against LSU in Baton Rouge.
Both teams produced offensive opportunities during the first half, but neither could break the seal as the 45th minute approached.
The Aggies totaled seven shots with four of them on goal, while the Tigers tallied six with only one on target.
LSU graduate student Mollee Swift was all over the Fightin’ Farmers’ best efforts, coming up with four big saves in the first half.
A&M had more opportunities in the half with four corner kicks, while the Tigers also failed to secure one set piece.
“We created a lot of great chances [during] the first half,” coach G Guerrieri said. “We [have] got to do a better job of finishing … we have done a good job in setting ourselves up, good passing, good attack [and] good everything [but] the last piece of it.”
In the 57th minute, the Maroon and White defense collapsed, as Tiger senior forward Mollie Baker weaved in and out through defenders until she was finally fouled in the box by graduate forward Sammy Smith.
Despite this, Swift could not capitalize on the Aggies’ mistake, as her penalty shot was reflected off the top of the goalpost and immediately cleared by A&M.
Fifth-year goalkeeper Kenna Caldwell earned her third save of the night off a power shot by Tiger sophomore midfielder Kelsey Major from the left side of the box.
Junior defender Macy Matula received her first yellow card of the game in the 89th minute after attempting to block Swift as she tried to punt the ball down the field.
Despite several last-minute runs on both sides, time expired before either team could punch in the first goal.
Both LSU and A&M totaled 13 shots each, with the Fightin’ Farmers leading the Tigers eight to two in corner kicks.
Smith was the leader in shots for the Maroon and White with three in the game. For the Tigers, sophomore midfielder Ida Hermannsdottir, freshman forward Ava Galligan and Baker all tied each other with three shots each.
The Aggies finish the regular season and enter the SEC Tournament as the sixth-ranked seed. They will play in the quarterfinals on Tuesday, Oct. 31st against South Carolina at 2:30 p.m. in Pensacola, Florida at Ashton Brosnaham Park. The game can be seen on the SEC Network.