A&M to face West Virginia in Memphis’ Liberty Bowl

With an opportunity to win its fourth straight bowl game for the first time in school history, Texas A&M has drawn a bout with West Virginia in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl in Memphis, Tenn.
“I know it’s a big goal for Coach Sumlin and our team to become the first Texas A&M team to win a bowl game in four straight seasons,” Texas A&M Director of Athletics Eric Hyman said. “Memphis is a great destination for the 12th Man and I’m sure our fans will be there to support the team.”
The Aggies (7-5, 3-5 SEC) matchup with the Mountaineers (7-5, 5-4 Big 12) will mark A&M’s sixth straight bowl appearance, a program first. A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin will face off against his former offensive coordinator and WVU head coach Dana Holgorsen, who served on Sumlin’s staff at Houston during the 2008-09 season.
A&M and West Virginia will play at 1 p.m. Dec. 29 and the game will be televised on ESPN.
Student ticket pull begins at 7 a.m. Thursday at East Ticket Windows 5-12. No camping is allowed, and lineup can begin at 5 a.m. A sports pass is required and tickets are $85.