Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

A&M to merge men’s and women’s swimming and diving programs

Photo by Photo by C. Morgan Engel
Women’s head coach Steve Bultman cheers on freshman Haley Yelle during the 1650-yard freestyle final, which was the first event of the final night of competition.

Texas A&M will merge the school’s men’s and women’s swimming and diving programs, per an announcement from athletic director Trev Alberts on Friday, April 5.

According to a release, the decision was made in part due to the retirement of women’s swimming and diving coach Steve Bultman following 25 years leading the program. A&M will begin its search for a director of swimming and diving with the assistance of search firm TurnkeyZRG, the same firm that aided in the hiring of Alberts in March.

Bultman is an American Swim Coaches Association Hall of Fame inductee with five Big 12 Coach of the Year and four SEC Coach of the Year honors. He has coached 16 Olympians and 80 All-Americans at A&M. Nine swimmers have been named the conference Swimmer of the Year.

A&M women’s swim came in 14th place at the NCAA Championships last month while the men’s squad finished 16th.