Texas A&M Aggies guard Tyrece Radford (23) blocks Arkansas Razorbacks guard Tramon Mark (12) during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024, at Reed Arena. (Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
Free falling
Jace LaViolette (17) an Head Coach Jim Schlossnagle celebrating a home run during Texas A&Ms game against UIW on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
GALLERY: Baseball vs. UIW
Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) catches a pop fly during Texas A&M’s game against McNeese on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2024 at Blue Bell Park. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Free falling
GALLERY: Baseball vs. UIW

A&M track etches record-setting performances at Sun Angel Classic

Texas A&M men and women’s track teams brought home over 20 winning performances at the 35th Annual Sun Angel Track Classic in Tempe, Arizona.
The Aggies compiled a new list of career bests and school records as Deon Lendore, Shamier Little and Shelbi Vaughan highlighted the weekend with individual titles.
Lendore claimed the title in the 400 meters with a time of 44.90 seconds, besting his previous record by .04 seconds- which he set at the NCAA Outdoor Track Championship in 2013.
In the women’s 400-meter hurdles, Little finished first with a time of 56.55, topping the collegiate ranks and currently ranking No. 4 in the world. Teammate Janeil Bellille would place third.
Vaughan broke her own A&M record along with recording another career-best with her final throw of 199 feet, 3 inches in the women’s discus. Whitney Ashley of San Diego State took the top spot away from Vaughan with a mark of 201-3.
Both Aggie men and women took first place in the 4×100 meter relay with times of 39.89 and 43.87, respectively. A second A&M women’s relay team were runner-ups behind their teammates with a time of 44.48.
The women’s 4×400 relay team consisting of Ibukun Mayungbe, Kamaria Brown, Bellille and Little also took home a top title clocking in at 3:33.75.
Other notable Aggie performances include Hector Hernandez and Josh Hernandez who claimed first and second place respectively in the 800 meters while LaQue Moen-Davis and Melissa Mays also took the top two spots in the women’s triple jump.
All Aggies claiming first in their events include Ashton Purvis in the women’s 200 (22.95), Gregory Colemen in the 400 meter hurdles (50.92) and Grace Fletcher in the 1,500 meters with a time of 4:33.77.
For the field events, Devin Bogert won the javelin while improving his own personal best to 239 feet 6 inches.
The Aggie track teams will be headed to the LSU Alumni Gold Invitational in Baton Rouge, La. next weekend.