A&M Track preps for talent-rich Arkansas Invitational

Track
Photo by Provided by Aggie Athletics
Track

The No. 3 Aggie men and No. 20 Aggie women travel to Fayetteville, Arkansas for the  Razorback Invitational Friday and Saturday, experiencing their toughest competition this season.
Texas A&M will face a large group of ranked teams at the two-day meet, including No. 11 men’s and No. 1 women’s Arkansas, No. 6 men’s LSU, No. 2 men’s and No. 4 women’s Texas, Oklahoma State as well as others. The meet kicks off Friday at 11 a.m. with the pentathlon. Saturday events begin at 11 a.m. and finish at 4:30 p.m.
SEC Field Athlete of the Week Will Williams will compete for the second time this season in the long jump, after posting the third best collegiately. He will be challenged by the 2014 NCAA indoor champion, Arkansas’ Jarrion Lawson.
Looking to improve from last week’s second-place finish in the open-400 is Shamier Little, while Audie Wyatt and Jacob Wooten continue to push each other in the pole vault. The Aggie’s middle-distance team will feature a group runners in the mile run, 3,000 meter-race, and 5,000-meter race. After winning the men’s high jump last week by clearing over 7 feet, Sam McSwain will face some of the best high jumpers in the nation.
Donavan Brazier will run in a tight 800-meter race, and Devin Jenkins hopes to continue his success in the 200 this Saturday. Aaliyah Brown and Jennifer Madu lead A&M in the women’s sprinting events.