A&M volleyball faces SEC road test

Volleyball
Photo by Photo By: Tim Lai
Volleyball

Jazzmin Babers leads Aggie volleyball into South Carolina to continue SEC road play Sunday following a 0-3 sweep at the hands of Florida.
Texas A&M (9-6, 2-2 SEC) looks to get back on track against the South Carolina Gamecocks (7-11, 0-5 SEC) Sunday at 12:00 p.m. in Columbia to continue SEC competition.

South Carolina has struggled this season, earning only seven wins. The Gamecocks fared well in preseason play with a tournament victory in the Carolina Classic, and only suffered one loss combined in both the Gamecock Invitational and the Furman Carolina Classic.
The Gamecocks have struggled on the road and in the SEC. They hold a 0-5 record on the road this season, and are currently on a six-game losing streak. Five of the six games played have been in the SEC.

On Friday when the Aggies fell to the hands of the Florida Gators, South Carolina was defeated in a sweep by the Auburn Tigers. Fortunately, this may add some ease to A&M and its mindset since the Aggies were able to sweep Auburn on the road nearly two weeks ago.
Dessaa Legros leads the young South Carolina team with 208 kills on the season. Aubrey Ezell leads the team as a setter with 662 sets on the season. Ezell and Joely Cabrera lead with 192 and 185 digs, respectively.

Jazzmin Babers is the front-runner for the Aggies with 169 kills in her 15 match starts. She also leads the team with a total of 79 blocks, more than twice of any other teammate. Kiara McGee takes a total of 132 kills on the season. Stephanie Aiple averages just over 11 team sets per set. Amy Nettles carries the team on defense with 213 digs.
The Aggies compete against the Gamecocks in Columbia Sunday at 12 p.m. The game will be broadcast on SEC Network.