Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

A&M volleyball fall to Mizzou for the second time this season

Photo by Chris Swann/The Battalion

Head Coach Jaime Morrison talks with his Aggies while in a timeout during Texas A&M’s game vs. Auburn at Reed Arena on Sunday, Nov. 5, 2023. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)

Texas A&M women’s volleyball traveled to Hearnes Center in Colombia, Missouri to face Mizzou in a chance to redeem its previous loss this season.
The Aggies hold the all-time series record against the Tigers, 33-20. Both teams hold an identical record in league play, 7-6, and are currently tied for 5th place in the SEC.
The Mizzou stands were abundant in electric energy from the start, especially since the Hearnes Center’s attendance rates have increased 240% since coach Dawn Sullivan was brought aboard last December.
There was not much of a lead for either team through the first set.
The Tigers offense was led by junior Jordan Iliff with back-to-back aces and serves that painted the back line, making it difficult for the Aggies to distinguish a save.
The Aggies still managed to stay in the game with aggressive serves from freshman setter Margot Manning and freshman outside hitter Bianna Muoneke.
Sophomore middle blocker and two-time Defensive Player of the Week Ifenna Cos-Okpalla wasn’t as active as usual. Mizzou took the opportunity with its improved defense from junior Morgan Isenberg and sophomore Janet deMarrias helping to secure Set 1, 25-22.
A&M had to adjust to Mizzou’s tough serves in the second set.
The Tigers took control of the second set, but just when it seemed all but finished, the Aggies stormed back and tied the set.
Sophomore opposite hitter Logan Lednicky was crucial for A&M both offensively and defensively. With a 10’7’’ reach, the Tigers struggled to keep her at bay.
The second set came down to a back-and-forth battle for set point. Despite A&M’s rally, a block by graduate Missouri middle blocker Colleen Finney and graduate outside hitter Dilara Gedikoglu, followed by a kill from Gedikoglu, secured the set win, 28-26.
Redshirt middle blocker Molly Brown became active in the third set with key kills and blocks that helped keep the Aggies in the game. Brown led the Aggies in blocks with seven.
Graduate outside hitter Caroline Meuth gave the Maroon and White a 3-point cushion as A&M headed into the end of the third set. Meuth’s kills down the stretch helped give the Aggies some life, grabbing the third set, 25-22.
Despite Muoneke’s four set kills, with 18 in the game, the Tigers were too much to handle for the Aggies, as Iliff’s 18th kill gave the Tigers a 25-22 set victory to secure the match.
Next, the Maroon and White face Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky at the Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center on Thursday, Nov. 16 at 6 p.m.