Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

A&M volleyball sweeps Mississippi State on the road

Chris Swann/ The Battalion

Freshman S Margot Manning (10) serves the ball during Texas A&M’s game against Mississippi State at Reed Arena on Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2023.

Texas A&M volleyball traveled to Starkville, Mississippi and faced Mississippi State for the second time this season on Sunday, Oct. 8.
The Aggies are coming off of their third conference win of the season after defeating Ole Miss 3-1 in Oxford, Mississippi on Friday.
The Aggies hold a strong starting lineup, with sophomore opposite hitter Logan Lednicky, a 2023 All-SEC preseason team member and second in the conference for kills per set to spearhead, the charge in offense sophomore middle blocker Ifenna Cos-Okpalla hold the line defensively, leading the nation in blocks per set.
A&M led the first set, but Mississippi State was never far behind. It was a strong start for the Aggies, with a hitting percentage over double that of the Bulldogs at .375, along with 16 kills and four blocks. A&M took the opening set victory, 25-19.
The Bulldogs led the start of the second set with two kills by sophomore Sophie Agee. It didn’t take long before the Aggies took back the momentum and kept a solid lead for the majority of the set. Freshman setter Margot Manning fired up the Maroon and White with back-to-back aces to push A&M’s lead to 9-6.
It was a slow climb for the Bulldogs, until senior Rebecca Walk and Agee secured a few momentous kills that tied the game at 19.
Mississippi State put up a fight against A&M, but ultimately fell after Lednicky’s 10th kill secured the second set victory, 25-21.
The Bulldogs went into the third set dialed in. Walk secured the first point for Mississippi State with an impressive kill, and the momentum continued to rise as the lead was taken right out the gate by the Bulldogs.
Despite this, the Aggies locked in and tied the set at 9 with a service ace by junior setter Nisa Buzlutepe. The Bulldogs kept up their energy as the set went back-and-forth with no definitive lead.
Two kills by freshman outside hitter Bianna Muoneke and a service ace by Manning pushed the Aggies in a comfortable lead at 18-15. A kill by graduate outside hitter Caroline Meuth finalized the third set 25-19 and secured a 3-0 victory against Mississippi State.
“I thought we played a clean match,” head coach Jamie Morrsion said. “I think the things we’ve been working on all week really showed today, and I’m really pleased to come away from this road trip with two wins.”
A&M finished the day with 45 kills, 98 total attacks, five service aces and 14 total blocks.
The Aggies will be back in action against LSU in Baton Rouge, Louisiana at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center on Friday, Oct. 13, at 8 p.m.