A&M Volleyball swept by No. 13 Kentucky

The No. 21 Aggies fell to the No. 13 Kentucky Wildcats in three sets 25-20, 28-26, 30-28 on Sunday to fall to 3-1 in conference play and 11-4 overall. The win was Kentucky’s eighth consecutive victory and kept them at a perfect 4-0 in SEC play. The match was held in Memorial Coliseum in Lexington, Ky. and televised on the SEC Network.
Texas A&M was bested by the Wildcats in both hitting percentage (.295 to .319) and attack errors (16 to 11). Freshman setter Stephanie Aiple led all players with 48 assists. Sophomore Jazzmin Babers tallied a team and career-high 16 kills. Junior Angela Lowak recorded 11 kills and one ace to go with a team best .476 hitting percentage. After falling to Kentucky, A&M now has a 2-3 record against top 15 opponents.
Sunday’s loss ended a weekend long road trip for the A&M that began Friday in Knoxville, Tenn. with a match against the Tennessee Volunteers. The state of Tennessee proved much more receptive to the Aggies, who swept the Vols and claimed their first conference road win of the season.
Aggie volleyball returns to College Station Oct. 10th when the Alabama Crimson Tide comes to Reed Arena. First serve is set for 6 p.m.