Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

A&M women’s club soccer ties against Alabama

Photo by Lydia Vidales, JOUR 359 Contributor.

Health freshman Caroline Geertsema throws in during the women’s club soccer scrimmage against Alabama on Oct. 6 at Penberthy Rec Center.

As the sun set on Penberthy Field 10, the 2-3 Texas A&M women’s club soccer team kicked off a frustrating, scoreless scrimmage against Alabama.
Despite the Aggies’ efforts and multiple attempts to score, Alabama’s goalkeeper delivered outstanding saves in the intense 90-minute deadlock.
Junior wing/forward Kelsey Lyle created numerous scoring opportunities, but the Alabama goalkeeper proved to be a formidable obstacle.
“It didn’t help that they had a good keeper,” Lyle said.
Sophomore striker/wing Madeline Day praised the team’s ability to create the chances to score, but said the team still found itself in a frustrating slump.
“We did a good job of connecting our through balls and passes to feet,” Day said. “We’ve been in a finishing rut these past three games.”
After a water break during the second half, the Maroon and White energy picked up their energy but ultimately couldn’t connect in the goal.
“We 100% dominated the first half,” Lyle said. “The water break was a reality check for us to pick up the intensity.”
Junior defensive back Rosa Candelerio played a pivotal role in ensuring Alabama remained scoreless.
“Defense wins games, but we have to score to win,” Candelerio said.
On Saturday, Oct. 14, the Aggies will travel to the University Of Texas to continue regular season play.
Follow the Women’s Club Soccer team at @TAMUWomensClubSoccer on Instagram.
Lydia Vidales is a recreation, parks and tourism sciences senior and contributed this from the course JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.