A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

A&M men’s golf finishes third at Furman Intercollegiate

Photo by Robert O’Brien

Junior Daniel Rodrigues plays his tee shot on the fourth hole of the Traditions Club on the second day of the Aggie Invitational on Tuesday, April 11, 2023.

The Texas A&M men’s golf team traveled to the par 71, 7,005-yard Furman Golf Club in Greenville, South Carolina to finish its fall season at the Furman Intercollegiate on Oct. 22-23.
The tournament contained 54 holes for the 15-team field, which included primarily Atlantic coast region teams along with three Southern Conference and four Big South Conference competitors.
The A&M lineup led by coach Brian Kortan consisted of senior Daniel Rodrigues, freshman Aaron Pounds, and juniors Phichaksn Maichon, Vishnu Sadagopan and Michael Heidelbaugh. Along with the Aggie fivesome came two individual players, redshirt freshman Joe Stover with his collegiate debut and freshman Jack Usner.
The Aggies missed sophomore Jaime Montojo, who played in his first DP World Tour event on Oct. 19-22.
Day 1 was led by Furman on its home course with two strong rounds that secured it a tournament and program record low round of 269. The previous program record of 271 was made in 2003 at the 49er Collegiate and was repeated twice in 2021. The tournament record was stolen from Clemson with a score of 272 in 2012.
Chattanooga finished the first two rounds only three strokes behind Furman at 19-under. The Mocs’ senior Paul Conroy shot up 13 places to the top of the leaderboard with a score of 8-under to tie Campbell freshman Erik Johansson.
The Aggies followed the Mocs and placed third at 11-under. Rodrigues led the pack with a first-round score of 1-under 70 and a second round score of 6-under 65 to secure third place to finish Day 1.
The Aggies, Mocs and Paladins were paired up for a fight for first with a shotgun start on Day 2.
Furman remained untouched through Round 3 as Chattanooga trailed behind it and A&M stayed steady in third. The Paladins secured the victory at 20-under with just a 1-stroke lead to the Mocs. The Aggies took third at 10-under and a 17-stroke lead to James Madison.
Chattanooga swept the individual leaderboard with the win from Conroy at 8-under. Behind him in second was senior teammate Samuel Espinosa-Trueba at 7-under and senior John Houk in third at 6-under.
A&M’s Rodrigues had a strong third round and placed fourth at 5-under.
Furman took the next three places on the leaderboard with fifth-year Ross Funderburke and sophomore Clark Akers tied at fifth with 4-under followed by junior Will Morlan with 3-under.
This tournament wraps up the fall slate for A&M men’s golf. The Aggies will return to the course at the Omni Tucson National Resort in Tucson, Arizona for the National Invitational Tournament on Jan. 29-30.