Texas A&M infielder Ryan Targac (12) hits a walk-off single to run-rule Arkansas during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas at Olsen Field on Saturday, May 18, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
‘Every decision and choice I’ve made has led up to that moment’

It started with a commotion in the Texas A&M baseball dugout.  With the No. 5 Aggies up 13-4 over No. 3 Arkansas with a runner on second...

A&M women’s golf hits the road to Georgia

Photo by Robert O’Brien

Junior Zoe Slaughter plays her tee shot on the 3rd hole of the Traditions Club on the second day of the “Mo”morial Invitational on Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022 in Bryan, Texas.

The No. 5-ranked Texas A&M women’s golf team is headed to the East Lake Cup competition in Atlanta, Oct. 24-26.
The Aggies are coming off a fifth-place finish at the Blessings Collegiate Invitational. Four of last season’s match play participants from the 2022 NCAA Championships will be featured at the East Lake Cup competition.
Modeled after the NCAA Golf Championships, this event features top-performing teams from the NCAA Women’s Golf Championships. An opening round of stroke play crowns an individual champion and determines seeding for the subsequent days of match play competition, per eastlakegolfclub.com.
“We play 18 holes of stroke play on Monday,” Brandon Collins, assistant director of athletics communications for women’s basketball and women’s golf, said in an email. “Tuesday is the first round of match play, then Wednesday is the championship.”
The East Lake Golf Club course was established in 1904 and is the oldest in the city of Atlanta, according to eastlakegolfclub.com. Rees Jones, son of golf course architect Robert Trent Jones, restored the original design at East Lake to the layout played today.
The East Lake Cup can be viewed on the Golf Channel, with rounds airing on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 2-5 p.m..
Irene Robles-Ramirez is an English senior and contributed this piece from the course JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.